A new world of adventure for fans of pop-culture; a place of excitement and fun, Metro Comic Con is your destination for film, TV, animation, gaming, cosplay, collectables, publishing and, of course, comics; and much, much more!
METRO COMIC CON SPONSORS
METRO COMIC CON
An experience like no other.
Whatever you love about pop-culture, Metro Comic Con is the place for you to celebrate your fandom with fellow aficionados. If you’re looking for the pinnacle of Australian pop-culture experiences, Metro Comic Con is your town.
SATURDAY 8th JULY 2023 - 9am to 6pm
SUNDAY 9th JULY 2023 - 9am to 5.00pm
At the Melbourne Showgrounds
TO METRO CITY
LOCATED AT THE MELBOURNE SHOWGROUNDS
Come be part of the action and visit:
- METRO TOWN HALL
- MIDTOWN THEATRE and
- CITY CENTRAL
We acknowledge the Traditional Owners of the land on which we will meet, the Wurundjeri people of the Kulin Nation. We pay respect to their Elders, past and present.
THIS IS NOT JUST A CON,
IT’S AN EXPERIENCE!
Venture through the Metro City Gates and immerse yourself in all the city has to offer.
DOWNTOWN YOU WILL FIND THE:
The Comics Crossroads are home to our special guests across the fields of comic, publishing and illustration; amazing local and international talent.
Market Hub & Creative Circle
This is Metro City’s version of Artists Alley, where you can check out all our artisans showcasing and selling their hand-crafted wares. We also have an amazing selection of Fan Clubs exhibiting all your favourite franchises.
Metro’s very own special Retro Road is the perfect place for those vintage pop culture enthusiasts looking to find a bargain!
Cosplay Competitions, Special Events
& Guest Panels
METRO HALL and the MIDTOWN THEATRE is the place to be for all the excitement of our special guest panels. Join in the fun of hearing unique ‘behind the scenes’ anecdotes, as our guests share stories of their time on set and in the studio, and have the opportunity to ask a question or two of your favourite star.
It is also where Metro’s COSPLAY competitions will be taking place. Whether you’re an amateur or professional, there is a place and space for everyone to be involved!
Check out our FAQ’s , and see our Cosplay information below.
Take a breather and grab some fresh air out on METRO BOULEVARD, a perfect place to have a break and meet up with friends. The action doesn’t stop outside however, and there will be plenty to see and do. Food and drink vans will also be located close by for those who need sustenance to get them through the day.
After all, it’s only a short stroll down the boulevard, absorbing the action of cosplay artists and immersive photo opportunities, as you make your way into CITY CENTRAL.
Vendors , Gaming, Photos , Autos
Activations & Interactions
The heart of Metro City is full of the hustle and bustle of a thriving pop culture Metropolis.
Make unforgettable memories to share with your friends by purchasing a token to have your photo taken with an amazing celebrity at the PHOTO PRECINCT, or have an item signed by them in AUTOGRAPH ALLEY.
The CITY CENTRAL neighbourhood is also full of vendors selling every type of pop culture item you could dream of; food and drinks for those who need a recharge; plus plenty of free fun activities for the whole family including gaming stations, Lego activations, interactive experiences and chill out zones.
TICKETS ON SALE NOW!
The road to Metro City is opening - 8th & 9th July 2023!
General Tickets are on sale now with photo and autograph tokens to follow soon. Get ready to grab your tickets, whether Saturday, Sunday, Weekend, or perhaps one of our specialty tickets, and make sure you don’t miss out on any of the fun!
With every paid Saturday, Sunday or Weekend adult ticket eligible to grab one child’s ticket (ages 5 to 12 inclusive) of the same type for free, and all children under 5 free, you can get into the excitement with the whole family for a great, affordable price.
Check out our FAQ’s for more information. See you soon at Metro City!
The Metro Xpress Pass - $245
Make the most of your time in Metro City with the Metro Xpress Pass! Speed through the streets & dodge the queues when you take advantage of this amazing ticket!
- Weekend admission to Metro Comic Con
- Early access to Metro Comic Con (half-an-hour before doors open)
- Xpress queuing at the Tokens Booth to purchase photo & autograph tokens
- Xpress queuing for autographs
- Xpress queuing for photographs
- Xpress seating in any open guest panel
- Collectible Metro Express Pass
- Free cloaking in the Metro City Cloak Room (up to 2 items at a time)
The Key to the City Pass - $990
For the ultimate access to Metro City, grab your Key to the City, with all sorts of special & speedy access, not to mention the ultra-exclusive Key to the City Friday Night FUNction!
- Weekend admission to Metro Comic Con
- First chance early access to Metro Comic Con (half-an-hour before doors open)
- Four (4) autographs with event guests to a maximum value of $100 each
- Four (4) photographs with event guests to a maximum value of $110 each
- Express queuing at the Tokens Booth to purchase extra photo & autograph tokens
- Express queuing for autographs
- Express queuing for photographs
- Reserved seating at the front of any open guest panel
- Access to any specialty guest panel
- Access to the Key to the City Friday Night FUNction (held on Friday 7th July), a relaxed evening event only for Key to the City Pass holders, featuring food, drinks & special guest appearances; a wonderful chance to chat with the event guests in an intimate setting before the excitement of the weekend kicks off.
- Collectible Key to the City Pass
- Unlimited free cloaking in the Metro City Cloak Room